- Commercial & Instrument License in category
- ATP rating in category preferred
- Medical Certificate – Class II
- 24 months recency of flight experience is preferred
- Proficient in VFR programs
- College degree from an accredited institution is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Flight Hour Requirements (all in category)
- 2000 hours total time (with a minimum of 1500 hours in category - "rotor wing")
- 1000 rotor wing PIC hours
- 50 rotor wing instrument hours actual or hood
- 500 rotor wing turbine hours
- 100 rotor wing unaided night hours
Please note, Bayflite pilots are provided through Air Methods Corporation. Please visit their website, http://www.airmethods.com
for Human Resources information.
Flight Nurse Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- BSN or equivalent degree preferred
- Current Florida Nursing License
- Cross-credentialed with EMS certification
- Current EMT Florida certification, advancing to EMT-P Florida certification within one year
- Minimum of three (3) years continuous critical care or emergency nursing experience. Experience must reflect general knowledge in nursing principles and practical skills; knowledge of current trends and new developments
- DOT Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum; CEN, CCRN or CFRN certification, TNCC, BTLS or PHTLS; ACLS; APLS or PALS, BLS. Instructor status preferred
- ATLS audit or TNATC within one (1) year of hire
- Annual advanced training in aeromedical physiology, aircraft safety and transport protocols
- Yearly rotations through high-risk OB, NICU, and trauma service labs for procedure training
Flight Paramedic Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited EMT-Paramedic training program.
- An Associates degree is recommended, a Bachelors degree is preferred
- Current EMT-Paramedic Florida certification. Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic (NREMT-P) preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of emergency medical field experience required. Additional Emergency Department and Critical Care experience preferred. Experience must reflect general knowledge in pre-hospital principles and practice skills; knowledge of current trends and new developments; knowledge of principles and practices of pre-hospital medicine.
- DOT Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum, ACLS, PALS or APLS, BTLS (PHTLS), BLS certifications. Instructor status preferred.
- Encouraged: ATLS or TNATC audit, EMS-C, Haz Mat for EMS, EKG 12-lead.
- Cross-trained with Critical Care Transport protocols
- Advance training in aeromedical physiology, aircraft safety and transport protocols
- Additional requirements include yearly rotations through high-risk OB, NICU, and trauma service labs for procedure training.
Flight Mechanic Requirements
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate as prescribed by FAR 65
- High school diploma or GED (Associates degree preferred)
- Must meet recent experience requirement of FAR 65.83
- At least 2 years experience maintaining turbine powered aircraft
- Factory or equivalent training on the assigned make and model aircraft preferred
- Maintain harmonious and cooperative relations with the program members, other company members, patients and guests
- Maintains confidentiality of information deemed confidential
- Communicates effectively with pilot and medical teams
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- This position requires the ability and/or willingness to work days, nights, weekends, scheduled days off, overtime and to be on-call
Please note, Bayflite mechanics are provided through Air Methods Corporation. Please visit their website, http://www.airmethods.com
for Human Resources information.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Certified as an EMT by the State of Florida.
- Required: BLS
- Preferred: Paramedic, NAACS Certification
- Emergency Operations Center dispatch experience
- Industry Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and maintain good situational awareness
- Strong organizational skills. Self-starter with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Shifts are 12 hours: 0700 to 1900; 1900 to 0700